I didn’t know when I left this room I’d not be coming back.

When I return, it will be completely changed.

At least that’s the plan for now.

We’ve endured so many changes I’m learning to say, “That’s the current plan, if nothing changes.”

With the snow and power outages we’ve been running our propane heater, propane stove, and woodstove.

Wednesday morning our roof had so much snow my husband called in to say he would be late so he could sweep off the snow.

When he was on the roof he said he kept trying to figure out what he was smelling.

Then he realized it was the propane from our bedroom heater.

I was laying in bed because my chest had been acting up.

By the time he came down to turn off the heater I was having an attack.

I had tried moving rooms, I’d taken my inhaler more than once, I was thinking about staying calm and getting control of my breathing.

Yet I wasn’t.

My husband did everything possible to change the environment so I could breathe.

Minutes pass.

We reached the 15 minute mark and no improvement.

He loaded me and the kids in the truck and we headed for town.

The E.R. was loaded with people.

I tried to help my husband answer the medical questions, but if you can’t breathe you can’t talk.

(So I’m going to have my medical history in writing in my purse for the future.)

Upon reaching a room things happened quickly.

Before I knew it I had been changed, hooked up to monitors, given an IV, questioned, x-rayed, and then being treated with a breathing mask.

And my first full breath in over an hour was so refreshing!

I was so thankful for each person who was working so hard to help me.

I had seen all the people in the waiting room and then more in the back.

I knew they were working nonstop to help those like myself.

After a while the doctor explained now that my breathing was normal I was able to be released.

My husband explained his plans for me.

“Honey, you’re not going back home. I’ve gotten a hold of Tim and Sis. You’re going to stay with them till the power comes back on. After that you’re going to move in with John and Jan. They live close enough to the school and our house you can see the kids everyday. They don’t have pets or anything else which should cause you any more asthma attacks. I’m going to start working on getting our house gutted and redone so you won’t keep having all these health issues. ”

And by dinner time I was sitting down at my daughter’s table and thanking God for His blessings.

It’s been a whirl of change.

Yet I’ve been able to smile throughout.

Praising God for all His provisions.

How awesome He truly is!

2 thoughts on “E.R.

  1. Linda Falke

    I don’t know what to say. So I’m just going to send you love and virtual hugs. I hope things improve for you soon. God bless! Stay safe and warm, wherever you are! ❤

    1. hopekrissie Post author

      Thank you dear! I really appreciate both the love and hug. I am safe and warm here in Monmouth. God is so good! Love you and hugs back to you!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s