It is so elusive,
Seems I am always opening my mouth at the wrong time,
or waiting till the worst time.
Today our pastor spoke on God’s timing and I came home and spoke with Him about it as well.
“My timing is perfect.”
That is all I really needed to hear.
To reassure me.
Those times that I seemed to get it all wrong I can look to Him.
When I am in a hurry and my dress doesn’t zip, the car doesn’t work, or the bank calls to tell me “lack of funds…”
All is perfect in His timing and I can learn from each of these things.
1. Not to make excuses: I forgot to check the balance before writing that check.
2. To be honest with others: I simply was running late, please forgive my rudeness at keeping you waiting.
3. To be open about my feelings: I am feeling so embarrassed…
4. To ask for help: Dear neighbor, I know I have not spoken to you in two weeks, but could you jump my car?
5. To lookout for others as I rearrange my day: Kids, I know you are disappointed about this, can I give you a rain check? We could watch a movie and eat the cookies I made yesterday instead.
6. To pray that I would grow: Lord, I am a wreck right now and I am struggling to see Your hand in this situation, but I trust You. What should I do now?
In reflection, I am thankful.
I can rest in the knowledge that He is able and He is guiding.
I can have peace knowing His timing is